The Kochav Hatzafon Association has initiated this project to construct an Arts Center (known as Ma'arag) in the Galilee village of Kfar Vradim. The venue is intended to be a complex incorporating workshops for people with handicaps, where they will access rehabilitation activity, dignified employment and social interaction; a gallery where 60 artists from the Galilee will exhibit and sell their work; and a cafeteria where people with and without handicaps will be able to meet and mingle on an equal basis.
1. Creating a vocational and rehabilitation center for 80 disabled persons, where they will receive social and rehabilitation treatments, honorable vocation, social activity and a reward for their labor;
2. Expanding the rehabilitation and treatment services for the disabled in the Western Galilee and thus, equalizing it, both in quality and quantity, to the one that exists in the center of Israel;
3. Providing the disabled with the opportunity of combining within a normative community, meeting artists and visitors, while receiving appreciation for their deeds from the community surrounding them;
4. Enlarging the tourist attractions in Kfar Vradim;
5. Creating a powerful vehicle for the marketing of 60 local artists that will directly impact their ability to make a living.
Construction was completed, and the center was inaugurated in July 2011.
The project is supported by Rashi through the PPSNI partnership - it is one of five chosen investments in the first round of the partnership.